[SOLVED] cluster & stacked & line in one chart

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    [SOLVED] cluster & stacked & line in one chart

    I have a chart that has one clustered column and two stacked columns. Looks
    great. I tried to format another set of data to be a line with markers. All
    I see is the markers, no line. Any ideas if this is possible?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: cluster & stacked & line in one chart

    If the cells between the values for the line series are blank, go to Tools
    menu > Options > Chart tab, and choose Interpolate for Treat Blank Cells
    As...

    If the cells are formulas returning "", change "" to NA(). This puts an ugly
    #N/A error in the sheet, but the chart automatically interpolates across
    these errors without showing them.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: cluster & stacked & line in one chart

    The cells are blank, but the interpolate option is grayed out and cannot be
    selected.

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: cluster & stacked & line in one chart

    Oh yeah, Interpolate is meaningless for a column chart. You have to make the
    chart a line chart, select the Interpolate option, then change the relevant
    series back to column type.

    - Jon
    -------