Why does my textbox disappear when I put it on a chart?

  1. #1
    krbear
    Guest

    Why does my textbox disappear when I put it on a chart?

    I added one text box to my chart and it shows up fine. When I move it to one
    particular area of the embedded chart, it disappears. I've checked the
    Order, and it is In Front.

  2. #2
    Kelly O'Day
    Guest

    Re: Why does my textbox disappear when I put it on a chart?

    krbear:

    I have found two ways to add text boxes. The way the text box affects is
    added affects its behavior.

    Method 1 - I make my text box and simply place it in the chart. It looks ok,
    however, it disappears when I activate the chart. It doesn't move with the
    chart. The text box is floating over the chart, it isn't really attached to
    the chart.

    Method 2 - I make my text box. I copy or cut it, then I activate my chart,
    and paste my chart to the active chart. The text box shows up in the upper
    left corner. I then move my chart to where I want it. It stays visible all
    the time and it moves with my embedded chart. It is attached to the chart.

    Your description sounds like my method 1. You should try method 2 and see if
    it solves your disappearing text box problem.

    ....Kelly

    [email protected]

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Why does my textbox disappear when I put it on a chart?

    To add to Kelly's comments: The problem is the chart and the text box are
    not grouped.

    To group a text box as you make it: first click on the chart (in former
    times we talked of 'activating the chart'); now use the Drawing tool to put
    a box (or any other drawing object) on the chart.

    To group after the fact: click the box; hold CTL and click the chart area;
    right click and use the Group item on drop down menu.

    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme