Dynamic column chart - copying from Sheet to Sheet.

  1. #1
    Marko Pinteric
    Guest

    Dynamic column chart - copying from Sheet to Sheet.

    Dear charting experts!

    I have created dynamic column chart according to Jon Peltier's
    instructions on page

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...umnChart1.html

    Dynamic column chart works fine, I have only problem with copying it. I
    copy the whole sheet along with the graph on it. Defined names change
    as expected (from Sheet1!ChartValues to Sheet2!ChartValues), however
    graph on the new sheet cell references no longer refer to defined names,
    but to arrays of numbers. I have to correct these to make graph work
    with new set of data. Is there any way to copy sheet and retain cell
    references to defined names?

    Thanks for the answer,

    Marko Pinteric

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Dynamic column chart - copying from Sheet to Sheet.

    I've brought this up with Microsoft, and the loss of link information is "by
    design". Huh! It only happens with sheet-level names, not workbook-level
    names. Moving the sheet does not kill the links.

    The thing to do is to save the workbook, move the sheet to a new workbook,
    close the original workbook without saving changes, reopen the workbook, and
    move the sheet into it.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
    _______

    news:[email protected]...