Fixed color gradient

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Norwich, CT USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Fixed color gradient

    On John Walkenbach’s site, charting area - http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm The chart example at the bottom of the page has a color gradient that is fixed based on value. Notice that blue is located in the same level on the chart regardless of the value (size) of the bar and red only shows up on the highest bars. However, when I create a color gradient using the method, described on the page, each bar contains all the gradient colors, regardless of size.

    How can I set up bar graphs like the example?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Fixed color gradient

    Hi,

    Double click the series and on the Patterns tab click the Fill
    Effects... button. On the Picture tab set the Stack and Scale value to
    the maximum value in your data or y scale.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel