all points on a xy graph

  1. #1
    Stressed Dissertation Author
    Guest

    all points on a xy graph

    Thanks to people's answers I have managed to create a basic correlation
    scattergram. I only have 18 participants, each with two values to correlate.
    However if two participants have the same results only one point is shown.
    Therefore my scattergram only shows eight points when there are 18 values.
    Does that make sense? If I was doing it manually I would simply put two marks
    where two participants fall, pretty simple, but can't find how to do this in
    excel.
    Any help would be great.

  2. #2

    Re: all points on a xy graph

    A surface plot may help. It can be used to show the frequency of
    occurrence of data pairs.

    HTH,
    John

  3. #3
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: all points on a xy graph

    Stressed -

    You could use a manual method of "jittering."

    For the data set being plotted, where there are two identical values, change
    the worksheet values of either X or Y or both slightly so that two markers
    will appear.

    - Mike
    www.mikemiddleton.com

    news:[email protected]...