Vertical line in stock chart

  1. #1
    wittmaennle
    Guest

    Vertical line in stock chart

    Hi,

    another question from my side...

    I still have a stock chart (plotted on primary axis) together with a
    count (plotted on the secondary axis).
    (these values vary strongly, so both axis are needed)

    Now I want to add a vertical line to the chart.
    I've added another data series, changed the type of the series to "xy
    (scatter)" and got a vertical line by using :
    Name: Vertical
    X Values: ={1\1}
    Y Values: ={0\1}

    This gives me a small vertical line. However it doesn't fill the
    complete plot area.
    Of course, when setting the second Y-value to the maximum with setting
    the scale to this maximum, it would fill the plot area.
    But this is undesirable, because I absolutely have no idea how big my
    values for my stock chart will become. So the maximum for the scale
    should stay "auto".

    Is there a way to extend the vertical line to the whole plot area with
    leaving the scale auto?
    (like it works for horizontal lines with error bars and big error
    values)

    Thanks in advance,
    Rene

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Vertical line in stock chart

    On a value axis, automatic scales will always be wider than the limits of
    the data (unless the min or max of the data is zero).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services