visualize perf counter data

  1. #1
    John A Grandy
    Guest

    visualize perf counter data

    Does anyone know of a way to visualize perf counter data similar to the
    manner in which Performance Monitor displays perf counter data during
    real-time monitoring. PM graphs each counter's value as the y-axis against
    an x-axis that is shifting with time. I'd like to visualize the data
    similarly, but with the x-axis static.

    Back in the NT4 days (I forget which version of Excel) there was an add-in
    "perfmon.xla" which allowed you to do this. But (as I expected) apparently
    that add-in is obsolete ( no hits on searches of MS, MS Downloads, MSDN,
    etc).

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: visualize perf counter data

    I don't think that the add-in is or ever was a Microsoft product. Google
    shows a number of hits, but most of the download links are broken. This one
    downloaded a file, which I did not open to examine:

    http://www.ntfaq.co.kr/download/perfmon.zip

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP