How to change plot area size of pivot chart

  1. #1
    juamig
    Guest

    How to change plot area size of pivot chart

    I have not been able to find a way to change the size of the plot area of a
    pivot chart. Is there a way to do this?
    thx,
    Jua

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to change plot area size of pivot chart

    No, not without stretching the entire chart. This is one of the limitations
    of pivot charts.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Peltier Technical Services
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    http://PeltierTech.com/
    _______

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    juamig
    Guest

    Re: How to change plot area size of pivot chart

    How would I stretch the entire chart?
    Jua

  4. #4
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How to change plot area size of pivot chart

    If it's embedded in a worksheet, just select it and drag the little black
    handles. If it's a chart sheet, you can't. But you can create a regular
    chart from the data. Select a cell away from the pivot table and start the
    chart wizard. In step 2, switch to the series tab, and add the series one by
    one (otherwise, Excel converts the chart to a pivot chart).

    - Jon
    -------

  5. #5
    Spammer
    Worcester MA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: How to change plot area size of pivot chart

    In Excel 2007, Microsoft upgraded Pivot Charts substantially, so that they behave much more like regular charts. For example, you can now resize the individual elements of a pivot chart without stretching the entire chart.
    Jon Peltier
    http://PeltierTech.com/