plotting column charts by variable

  1. #1
    ripley
    Guest

    plotting column charts by variable

    I have some data I need to plot in a column chart
    The variable activeE6 has three columns that show small (49%) med (33%) and
    large (19%)
    The variable controlE6 has three columns that show small (29%) med (58%) and
    large (13%).
    Which ever way I have the data gathered or change the data series I get a
    column graph showing the both the small bars together, both the med bars
    together and both the large bars together.

    What I want is all the activeE6 together showing the small, med and large
    bars then all the controlE6 together showing the small, med and large.

    Is this possible in Excel? I am using 2003

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: plotting column charts by variable

    An easy way to solve it is to plot the values in one row; this gives you six
    columns
    If you select the labels (sm/m/l) they will properly show but repeat them
    for the second series. You may like further to show activeE6 and controlE6
    under the appropriate three columns. Put them in a cell above the cell
    containing "small" and (presuming "activeE6" is in A1) select the cell range
    A1:F3 for yr column chart - your chart now shows two groups of three columns.

    activeE6 controlE6
    small medium large small medium large
    49% 33% 19% 29% 58% 13%

    GL,