XY scatter plot with multiple data pairs for each variable

  1. #1
    gpotavin
    Guest

    XY scatter plot with multiple data pairs for each variable

    I need to create an xy scatter plot for 24 items (A through X). Each letter
    (A-X) has 3 pairs of xy data.

    For example Item A has data pairs x1y1, x2y2 and x3y3

    However, when I plot these I get x1y1, y1x2, x2y2, y2x3 and x3y3. In
    addition I need each item (A-X to appear in the legend only one time not
    multiple times)

    Can anyone help me with this??

  2. #2
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: XY scatter plot with multiple data pairs for each variable

    "gpotavin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >I need to create an xy scatter plot for 24 items (A through X). Each
    >letter
    > (A-X) has 3 pairs of xy data.
    >
    > For example Item A has data pairs x1y1, x2y2 and x3y3
    >
    > However, when I plot these I get x1y1, y1x2, x2y2, y2x3 and x3y3. In
    > addition I need each item (A-X to appear in the legend only one time not
    > multiple times)
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this??

    How have you laid out your data, and how have you created the chart?
    If you put your x1 x2 x3 values in one column and your y1 y2 y3 alongside
    them in another column, you should get the plot you want.
    --
    David Biddulph

  3. #3
    gpotavin
    Guest

    Re: XY scatter plot with multiple data pairs for each variable

    David,

    Thanks, I knew there was probably a simple fix but I had tried just about
    evrything I could think of short of reformatting all the data.

    In order to get the results I wanted I had to put the Name Label above the Y
    values and I had to add each series one at a time to the graph by selecting
    the xy pairs and label then doing a past special as a new series.

    After doing all this I have exactly what I need.

    THANKS!!!!