(Stacked) Bar/colum chart

  1. #1
    Naz
    Guest

    (Stacked) Bar/colum chart

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to create a chart that will show me the 2 bars sort of on top of
    each other, in the same column.
    So for example if I have a budget value of £500 and a spend of £300. The
    first £300 of the colum is one colour and the remaining other £200 is another
    colour. Its all on the one column.
    When i use the stacked column chart is does £300 in one colour and then £500
    in another ontop of the £300 giving a total height for the colum of £800.

    All help is appreciated.
    --

    _______________________
    Naz,

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: (Stacked) Bar/colum chart

    Hi,

    Create yourself a clustered column chart with Budget as the first series
    and spend as the second.
    Double click a series and on the Options tab of the format dialog set
    the Overlap value to 100.
    This will give the appearance of a stacked column with the highest
    column reaching £500 instead of the combined value £800, which you get
    when stacked.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --