finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart

  1. #1
    Pizza
    Guest

    finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart

    I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in
    an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head
    up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a password to complete the
    procedure . Can anyone tell me what that password is ?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart

    Hi,

    Have you contacted the original author of the survey?

    Cheers
    Andy

    Pizza wrote:
    > I'm trying answer a survey in an excel sheet and everytime I try to type in
    > an answer a message comes up saying I need to remove protection.When I head
    > up to tools and follow the prompts,I need a password to complete the
    > procedure . Can anyone tell me what that password is ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Pizza
    Guest

    Re: finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart

    Hi Andy

    Thanks for responding to my question.

    It's not a "survey" as such. It basically an excel sheet which is a music
    quiz ..you play a soundbite and answer who the artist is and song titile
    etc.However when I went to type in an answer a message appeared as I stated
    before. I've never encountered this before and was wondering what the
    password would be to unlock this cell/chart so I can do this quiz !!
    Sorry..it's not really important..or life or death..but I thought it odd I
    needed a password to do anything !!

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: finding the password to unlock a protected cell/chart

    Well the password would be whatever the author used to protect the
    sheet/workbook.

    As to why you should need a password to complete the quiz I can not say.
    But it does not seem very practical, assuming you are using the the quiz
    as instructed.

    Maybe you could post a link to the location of the quiz.

    Cheers
    Andy