Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data

  1. #1
    Steve D
    Guest

    Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data

    Hi,
    I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to
    create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a
    dropdown box. The data looks like this:

    Group Item Data
    A 1 100
    A 2 120
    A 3 130
    B 4 75
    B 5 62
    B 6 110

    The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show
    3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars
    named 4, 5 and 6.

    Any ideas how I can achieve this?

    --
    Thank You,
    Steve

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Creating a graph based on a chosen group of data

    Hi,

    Have a look at Jon Peltier's example of charting off of control choices.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    Steve D wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have a list of data that contains multiple groups I am trying to
    > create a graph that will show only the group that the user selects from a
    > dropdown box. The data looks like this:
    >
    > Group Item Data
    > A 1 100
    > A 2 120
    > A 3 130
    > B 4 75
    > B 5 62
    > B 6 110
    >
    > The drop down box shows A or B, if the user selects A the graph should show
    > 3 bars named 1, 2 and 3. If the user selects B the graph should show 3 bars
    > named 4, 5 and 6.
    >
    > Any ideas how I can achieve this?

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel