Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

  1. #1

    Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

    hi

    When i group data, it has to be visible to appear on a graph. I also
    want it to displaye when the grouping is collapsed.

    I am charting data over a year. On the summary slide, i want to only
    see the total of all the months, however on the accompanying graph, i
    want to see how the data compiled over time (even when the grouping is
    not displayed).

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks

    mickey

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

    Hi,

    Sounds like you have the option to 'plot visible cells only' on.
    Select the chart and the via the menus Tools > Options > Chart uncheck
    plot visible only.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3

    Re: Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

    Thanks - that's worked a treat.

    Mickey

  4. #4
    London
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Pope View Post

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info
    ... does anyone know how to do this also on Excel 2007? many thanks, Tunc

  5. #5
    Forum Guru Andy Pope's Avatar
    Essex, UK
    MS-Off Ver
    O365
    Posts
    20,441

    Re: Grouped/outlined data only graphs when visible

    Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread.

    The option is now on the Select Data dialog.
    Cheers
    Andy
    www.andypope.info