(XY) scatter problem

  1. #1

    (XY) scatter problem

    Hi everybody,

    I am having problems with making the right scatter diagram. I want 13 points (all belonging to the same group) lined up in a row, and not scattered along the axis. Then I want 4 separate single points (all belonging to a different group) in the diagram as well. I did manage to get these 13 points (i mentioned previously) lined up in a vertical row, but this results in 13 different series (where i want them to be in 1 serie altogether), all with different symbols. Could someone please help me out here? Thanks!

    I've attached an example of what kind of scatter diagram i am trying to achieve.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: (XY) scatter problem

    Sample files posted to ExcelForum do not make it to the broader audience in
    NNTP.

    To plot a set of points together in a series ("group"), they comprise a set
    of X and Y values. For your other 4 points, do you mean "all" or "each"
    belonging to a different group?

    If you want each of the four to belong to a different series, this is what
    your data should look like. The first two columns are the X and Y data for
    the first series of 13 points, then the next 4 pairs of columns are the X
    and Y data for the other 4 series. Select the first two columns to create
    the XY chart, then either in step 2 of the chart wizard, or from Source Data
    on the Chart menu, click on the Series tab, and add each extra series and
    identify the range containing the X and Y data.

    1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1
    1 2
    1 3
    1 4