Alternate Y axis in bar charts

  1. #1
    Patty
    Guest

    Alternate Y axis in bar charts

    I have a bar chart with 2 data series on it. I want to use separate y axes
    for each, but the bars keep appearing on top of eachother, no matter what I
    try. I want one set of bars to use the left hand Y axis and the other set of
    bars to use the axis on the right side. 2-D bar charts apparently don't do
    this. Is there a way to perform this function?

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Y axis in bar charts

    Hi,

    Have a look at this page.
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Alternate Y axis in bar charts

    Patty:
    Make series A two times so they appear besides each other. Hide the left of
    the two, by making all attributes (line/fill) none. Effectively u see now
    all bars in one fold, but right of the centre. Repeat for series B, but hide
    the right one. Now the bars appear side by side.
    HTH,
    Henk

  4. #4
    Patty
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Y axis in bar charts

    Thanks for the confirmation. I figured out how to do it before I got your
    post. FYI, this is how I did it also.