[SOLVED] Another column as data label?

  1. #1
    nick
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Another column as data label?

    I have the following data

    Name Value Alias
    A 102 aaa
    B 323 bbb
    C 234 ccc
    D 121 ddd
    E 121 eee

    I created a simple bar chart based on Name and value.

    Is it possible to show the Alias(aaa, bbb) as data label in the graph?

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: Another column as data label?

    Make a second series with same values but yr aliases as categories. Plot
    this new series on a second category axis. Effectively make the new bars
    completely invisible by selecting the attributes for fill and line to 'none'.
    Now select for the invisible series the data label and you shd get the
    desired effect. (Also make the secondary axis invisible by selecting none
    for the line and attributes (tick marks, tick labels, etc) if you want the
    same look as yr original chart).
    HTH,
    Henk

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Another column as data label?

    There are a couple of free and very handy Excel utilities that can be used
    to apply data labels from a worksheet to a chart:

    Rob Bovey's Chart labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    - Jon
    -------