Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Date Axis Must be on Date Basis

  1. #1
    Hamsicik
    Guest

    Date Axis Must be on Date Basis

    I am graphing my son's date-weight graphic. But our weighting dates are
    irregular. When I graph those datas, between dates in x-axis become equal.
    But I want excel understand they are dates and scale like dates. For example
    2 days between two date is same space as 2 months. I want two months must
    have 30 times of two days space. How can I graph more realistic dates...

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Date Axis Must be on Date Basis

    Hi,

    Assuming your category labels are recognizable by excel as dates you
    should be able to set the axis to Time series. Right click in chart area
    and from the context menu pick Chart Options. On the axis tab set the x
    axis to Time series.

    This normally happens automatically so I would check the dates are
    really dates.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --