[SOLVED] Minimize range on vertical axis with large data gaps

  1. #1
    Molly
    Guest

    [SOLVED] Minimize range on vertical axis with large data gaps

    I am tracking the percent of sales by product catagory for a company. They
    have low percents for everything but one area. I mean, most product areas
    are less than 10% while one is 60%. I want to remove the distance between
    the 60% product catagory and all the others but still showing accurate data.

    I would like to remove 20% - 50% since there is no data for that area. Is
    that possible?

  2. #2
    James Silverton
    Guest

    Re: Minimize range on vertical axis with large data gaps

    Molly wrote on Fri, 7 Jul 2006 05:54:02 -0700:

    M> I am tracking the percent of sales by product catagory for a
    M> company. They have low percents for everything but one
    M> area. I mean, most product areas are less than 10% while
    M> one is 60%. I want to remove the distance between the 60%
    M> product catagory and all the others but still showing
    M> accurate data.

    M> I would like to remove 20% - 50% since there is no data for
    M> that area. Is that possible?

    Jon Peltier gave an answer a few weeks ago under "Showing a
    break on the y-axis":

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

    James Silverton.