How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

  1. #1
    Keylay31
    Guest

    How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

    Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
    specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
    Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific date
    that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

    Jon Peltier has instructions for adding lines to a chart:

    http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Cha...s.html#AddLine

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures

  3. #3
    Kelly O'Day
    Guest

    Re: How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

    "Keylay31" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
    > specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
    > Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific
    > date
    > that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

    Keylay31:

    Here is a link to a how-to and download for adding a vertical line to an XY
    chart.

    http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_vertical_line.htm

    ...Kelly

    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: How do I point out a specific date on a line graph in Excel?

    Hi,

    Here is another example.
    http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng47.htm

    Cheers
    Andy

    Keylay31 wrote:
    > Hello. I have a few series on a line graph in excel. I want to point out
    > specific dates without having to manually add a arrow, textbox, or line.
    > Ideally, I would like to be able to have a vertical line on a specific date
    > that would indicate before and after. Thanks.

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info