Selecting many specific columns for a chart

  1. #1
    porridge
    Guest

    Selecting many specific columns for a chart

    Hi all,

    I have two questions:

    I have daily sales figures for a shop for the last 6 months.

    I'm happy with the charts which I've produced but I really want to
    produce charts which show the average sales figures for each day of the
    week.

    So I want a bar chart to show the average Monday turnover, average
    Tuesday etc etc.

    Please could someone tell me a short cut so that I can select every
    column which has a Monday heading or a Tuesday heading etc etc without
    physically highlighting every Monday in the last 6 months?

    Secondly, within a few weeks I will run out of excel columns (I'm up to
    IV) can someone please tell me how to extend Excel so that it will go
    on indefinitely or is that not possible.

    Thank you

  2. #2
    porridge
    Guest

    Re: Selecting many specific columns for a chart

    porridge wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have two questions:
    >
    > I have daily sales figures for a shop for the last 6 months.
    >
    > I'm happy with the charts which I've produced but I really want to
    > produce charts which show the average sales figures for each day of the
    > week.
    >
    > So I want a bar chart to show the average Monday turnover, average
    > Tuesday etc etc.
    >
    > Please could someone tell me a short cut so that I can select every
    > column which has a Monday heading or a Tuesday heading etc etc without
    > physically highlighting every Monday in the last 6 months?
    >
    > Secondly, within a few weeks I will run out of excel columns (I'm up to
    > IV) can someone please tell me how to extend Excel so that it will go
    > on indefinitely or is that not possible.
    >
    > Thank you

    Sorry all - I'm bumping this up in the hope that someone can give me an
    answer to at least one question!

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Selecting many specific columns for a chart

    Perhaps a pivot table?

    Examples and links:

    - Jon
    -------