Grouping axis scale multiple charts

  1. #1
    Ozz
    Guest

    Grouping axis scale multiple charts

    I am working on a report in Excel where we compare four models with eachother.
    Therefore we use four charts which we place next to eachother. The data is
    filled into the datasheet automatically from access through macro's.

    The problem is that the scale of the x-axis differs on each chart while we
    want the same scale on all four charts. Auto-scaling scales each chart
    individually, so that is not an option as well.

    The only solution what I can come up with is making a macro that searches
    for the largest value in the datasheet and then setting the maximum of each
    axis to that value.
    This seems quite a lot of work, so my question is, is there any other way to
    do this?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Grouping axis scale multiple charts

    Once you have the macro, isn't it much less work than doing the same
    manually? Basically that's how you have to do it. If you align the charts
    vertically, you could also make a "panel chart":

    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/StackedCharts.html
    http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm

    - Jon
    -------