Really basic help with a graph

  1. #1

    Really basic help with a graph

    Right, all I want to do is plot some points in a graph.

    I have 2 categories, influence and importance.

    the x axis is influence, the y axis is importance.

    Lets say I want to plot a point in a chart to show that George Bush scores 10 on each scale, whereas David Beckham scores 4 for importance and 7 for influence (let's say).

    How can I make excel represent these as single points in a graph in a graph?!?

  2. #2
    mattgoof2005
    Guest

    RE: Really basic help with a graph

    A B C
    Person Influence Importance
    GW 10 10
    Beckham 7 4

    Under Series, Name=$A$2, X=$B$2, Y=$C$2

    You'll have to do this for each series, but it'll get you started if nobody
    else has any ideas.

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Really basic help with a graph

    Or with a list, columns A-C as Matt suggests, plot B and C as your X and Y,
    then use one of these utilities to apply the labels in column A to the
    points you've just plotted:

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com

    - Jon