Trendline R square

  1. #1

    Exclamation Trendline R square

    Hi every body,

    Can you please help me with this confusing issue?

    My data is preseted in a scatter plot and the trendline is shown in the figure. The R square value from the trendline option is not the same as the one I got from the Data analysis option from the tools menu (This is an Add-in option). To be sepecific the trend line gave an R square= 0.5465 where the data analysis gave an R square=0.9804509.

    Thanks in advance for your help.....

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Trendline R square

    Are you using the same model (linear, polynomial, etc.) in both cases?
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "balmalik" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jerry W. Lewis
    Guest

    RE: Trendline R square

    Please provide more information:
    - version of Excel
    - how the model is specified for the ATP regression tool
    - for the ATP regression, are you looking at "Multiple R", "R Square", or
    "Adjusted R Square"?
    - what chart type did you use "Line" or "XY (Scatter)"?
    - what type of trend line on the chart?

    If the data is not too extensive or too sensitive, it might help to list it
    in the body of your reply (no attachments, please).

    Jerry