How do I get an Excel chart to ingore zero values created by funct

  1. #1
    BOBODD
    Guest

    How do I get an Excel chart to ingore zero values created by funct

    I'm using SUM functions to calculate monthly sales totals. Currently most of
    the results are zeros. How do I include the entire data range in my chart (so
    I don't have to redo it every month) but make sure that the chart doesn't
    include any zero values? I've tried hiding all zeros in my worksheet, but the
    chart doesn't recognise these as blank cells. I'm using Excel 2003

  2. #2
    HEK
    Guest

    RE: How do I get an Excel chart to ingore zero values created by funct

    Drew:
    I repeat my answer to another question here again.

    There is an elegant solution, called "dynamic named range", that works
    with the OFFSET command. Search the web with this jargon, or check out Jon
    Peltier's website; it contains links to many others where you find
    instructions how to do it.
    [http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...artLinks.html]
    HTH,
    Henk

  3. #3
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I get an Excel chart to ingore zero values created by funct

    If it's a line or XY chart, and the zeros are all at the end of the range,
    change your formula so it returns #N/A instead of 0:

    =IF(SUM(A1:A10)=0,NA(),SUM(A1:A10))

    The #N/A errors are ugly in the sheet, but can be hidden using conditional
    formatting. The chart doesn't show these values.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions