Different kinds of data on chart

  1. #1
    Michael J.
    Guest

    Different kinds of data on chart

    I've been told by my boss that I need to create a chart that shows the
    accident rate per million vehicles entering an intersection and the ranking
    of that intersection when adjusted for volume. If I just put the straight
    values in, I get a chart with a wildly fluctuating ranking (values range from
    0 to 186) and almost a straight line at the bottom of the chart for rate per
    million (values range from 0 to 2.062). Is there any way to do this that
    would produce a better looking chart?

    Thanks so much.

  2. #2

    Re: Different kinds of data on chart

    Michael, The quick and dirty way would be to plot the accident rate on
    the second y axis.
    there are other options depending on your ability and LOE that you are
    willing to invest.

    HTH,
    Will

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Michael J.
    Guest

    Re: Different kinds of data on chart

    Thanks for the response. Could you give me a quick lesson in how to plot the

  5. #5
    Michael J.
    Guest

  6. #6

    Re: Different kinds of data on chart

    Sure... Right Click the series and choose [Format Data Series] In the
    dialog box choose the [Axis] tab and click on the "Plot Series on
    Secondary Axis" radio button.
    -Will

  7. #7
    Michael J.