Automatic Moving to the Next Cell

  1. #1
    69-er
    Guest

    Automatic Moving to the Next Cell

    When using Excel to produce forms, I want to automate how the cells are
    selected when inputing data. Usually, I unlock the cells that will have data
    entered in them and lock the remaing cells. Next, I protect the sheet.
    Then, I use the tab key to move to the next cell that requires data instead
    of having to click on the next cell. I'd like to take it a step further.

    Does anyone know if I can direct Excel to automatically move to the next
    cell when I enter data in the current cell? These particular cells only have
    one digit entered in each cell. So, without having to use the tab key, once
    a digit is entered in a cell, I'd like the next cell to be automatically
    selected so I can input another digit.

    Thanks!

    Larry

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: Automatic Moving to the Next Cell

    You can do this if you set up a userform to collect responses, but I don't
    think you can do it with worksheet cells.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions