How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

  1. #1
    Patty T
    Guest

    How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

    I have a chart that I generated in Excel that I need to make into a jpeg file
    so I can resize it and drop it into a web site article. Any help would be
    greatly appreciated. I have ACDSee 8 software for the resizing and dropping
    into the web article I am working on.

  2. #2
    James Silverton
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

    Hello, Patty!
    You wrote on Sat, 19 Aug 2006 14:04:25 -0700:

    PT> I have a chart that I generated in Excel that I need to
    PT> make into a jpeg file so I can resize it and drop it into a
    PT> web site article. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    PT> I have ACDSee 8 software for the resizing and dropping into
    PT> the web article I am working on.

    You can copy a chart in Excel and paste it into Paint, or
    better, the free Irfanview. You can save it as many types of
    graphic in either program.

    I'll have to leave quality judgments to you :-)

    James Silverton
    Potomac, Maryland

    I-mail, with obvious alterations:
    not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

  3. #3
    Tushar Mehta
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

    In article <[email protected]>, =?Utf-8?B?
    UGF0dHkgVA==?= <Patty [email protected]> says...
    > I have a chart that I generated in Excel that I need to make into a jpeg file
    > so I can resize it and drop it into a web site article. Any help would be
    > greatly appreciated. I have ACDSee 8 software for the resizing and dropping
    > into the web article I am working on.

    Copy the chart, switch to the photo editing program, paste.

    Tushar Mehta
    www.tushar-mehta.com
    Custom MS Office productivity solutions

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

    either of these

    Sub ExportChartGIF()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.gif", _
    FilterName:="GIF"
    End Sub
    Sub ExportChartJPG()
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:="C:\a\MyChart.jpg", _
    FilterName:="jpeg"

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I make a chart I have generated in Excel into a jpeg file.

    You've seen several responses that tell you how. Let me try to convince you
    what type of graphic image to use. JPG is poorly suited to things like text
    or charts, since the JPG image format is designed to render smoothly varying
    colors (as in photographs), not sharp transitions between colored regions
    (as found in charts). GIF and PNG are both much better suited to images with
    sharp transitions between regions of uniform color. PNG may even be better
    unless your chart has few colors, because GIF relies on a limited palette of
    colors.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP