How do I include average costs in my charts?

  1. #1
    Annette
    Guest

    How do I include average costs in my charts?

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: How do I include average costs in my charts?

    Have you thought about how they should appear? You could add another series
    with the data for the average. In a range next to the data you already have
    plotted, fill the same sized range with the average of these values and add
    them to the chart. If desired (and if it isn't already formatted this way)
    you can convert this average to a line series that overlays the other
    series: select the average series, and on the Chart menu, choose Chart Type,
    and choose a style for this series.

    To get an average line to run clear across the chart (which will not happen
    exactly right with a column-line combination), try one of these approaches:

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions