HEEEELLP!!! Excel graphs

  1. #1
    Bam
    Guest

    HEEEELLP!!! Excel graphs

    I'm trying to generate graphs that have multiple events that occur. Every
    quarter I track "falls, visitor concerns, med errors, OSHA violations, etc...
    there are actually 17 different catagories. But when I create graphs, you
    can't tell all of them apart because the coloring is so close. Is there some
    kind of way I could format the colums or the legend without going through
    each individual one??

    Any kind of help would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Jon Peltier
    Guest

    Re: HEEEELLP!!! Excel graphs

    You can edit default chart colors: Go to the Tools menu, select Options, and
    click on the Color tab. The bottom two rows of the palette are the default
    colors for chart lines and fills. This dialog allows you to modify these
    colors. If you change colors, they will apply to the workbook in which you
    changed them. You can also copy color palettes from one workbook to another.

    I wonder if your chart can be clarified using a different approach. Do you
    have 17 series or 17 categories (x-axis labels)? How do the series and
    categories interact? I would think that a better approach would involve
    panel charts, with one panel per category of mishap. Something like the
    bottom two examples here:

    http://processtrends.com/toc_panel_charts.htm

    - Jon
    -------