How do I get a letter to represent a number for scheduling?

  1. #1
    Henry Elliott
    Guest

    How do I get a letter to represent a number for scheduling?

    I am creating a schedule. I use letters to indicate the position that person
    is working for that shift. For example: P=7.5 hour. M=7.75 hour S=6.5 hours
    and so on. I need to keep track of the hours an employee works that week for
    overtime is taboo. I want to use letters in the row the auto sum at the end
    of the row for that week to determine if that employee has gone over 40 hours
    that week. Is there a way for me to accomplish this???
    Thank You for your help.

    Henry Elliott

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: How do I get a letter to represent a number for scheduling?

    One way

    =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(A2:A6,{"P";"M";"S"}),{7.5;7.75;6.5})

    where A2:A8 holds the worked week

    adapt to fit to include the other shift keys

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom