Total remaining formula

  1. #1
    jbsand1001
    Guest

    Total remaining formula

    I am looking for a points remaining formula that will calculate a column say
    from 1-10 and tell me what numbers have been used and what numbers are left.
    This will be a running total that calculates point totals so the maximum
    total if all requirements are met would be the total of A1:A10 in B10 (55).
    But some of the requirements are not always met so the cell will not be
    awarded a point value. The formula would be for column C10 where it would
    calculate the total possible (55) – points assigned in each cell. Because
    this is a running total I have some cells that have not been determined yet.
    It will basically go through column A and say ok there are (55) possible
    points then it runs through column B and say as of B6 the total is (26) out
    of (55) with (24) possible remaining and (5) already forfeited for a total of
    (55).

    A B C
    2 2
    1 0
    10 10
    5 5
    4 0
    9 9
    7 ?(TBD)
    8 ?(TBD)
    6 ?(TBD)
    3 ?(TBD)
    A11=55 B11=26 Total of B1:B10 C10= 55-26 (24 remaining and 5
    already forfeited)

    Thank you in advance,

    Judd

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Total remaining formula

    Hi!

    Try this:

    =3DSUMIF(B1:B10,"",A1:A10)&" remaining and "&SUMIF
    (B1:B10,0,A1:A10)&" already forfeited"

    Biff

    calculate a column say=20
    >from 1-10 and tell me what numbers have been used and=20

    what numbers are left.=20
    >This will be a running total that calculates point totals=20

    so the maximum=20
    >total if all requirements are met would be the total of=20

    A1:A10 in B10 (55). =20
    >But some of the requirements are not always met so the=20

    cell will not be=20
    >awarded a point value. The formula would be for column=20

    C10 where it would=20
    >calculate the total possible (55) =E2?" points assigned in=20

    each cell. Because=20
    >this is a running total I have some cells that have not=20

    been determined yet. =20
    >It will basically go through column A and say ok there=20

    are (55) possible=20
    >points then it runs through column B and say as of B6 the=20

    total is (26) out=20
    >of (55) with (24) possible remaining and (5) already=20

    forfeited for a total of=20
    >(55).
    >

    >A B C
    >2 2 =09
    >1 0
    >10 10
    >5 5
    >4 0
    >9 9
    >7 ?(TBD)
    >8 ?(TBD)
    >6 ?(TBD)
    >3 ?(TBD)
    >A11=3D55 B11=3D26 Total of B1:B10 C10=3D 55-26=20

    (24 remaining and 5=20

  3. #3
    jbsand1001
    Guest

    RE: Total remaining formula

    Biff,
    Thank you very much. Both of these formulas work great.

    Are they both the same formula except for the "" and the "0"? Or are they
    meant to be imbeded within each other?