Calculating Due Dates Based on Payments

  1. #1
    Eric Hanson
    Guest

    Calculating Due Dates Based on Payments

    Hello,

    I need to create a forumla that will automatically calculate the next due
    date based on a loan start and finish, first due, payment amount due, dates
    paid and amounts paid. I know there is a way to do it, but I am completely
    at a loss. Any help would be appricated. Please respond to
    [email protected] as well.

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Due Dates Based on Payments

    Isn't the due date independent of the payment amounts? Isn't it strictly a
    function of the payment period. For example, a monthly loan with a last
    payment date of Dec 15th will have a next payment date of Jan 15th.

    If the last payment date is in A1, you can calculate due date as
    =date(year(a1),month(a1)+1,day(a1))

    Regarding duplicate responses by e-mail, most posters don't do this because:
    1. They don't want to risk more spam by disclosing their e-mail address;
    just one person;
    2. They assume people who ask for free advice are willing to do a little bit
    of work to get it.

    Fred
    Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Calculating Due Dates Based on Payments

    The EDATE function will allow you to add a specific number of months to a
    starting date. Maybe that's what you have in mind. It's a function in the
    Analysis Tool Pack add-in. Help tells you how to install it.

    Otherwise, to add, say, 3 months to the date in A1, the formula is

    =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,DAY(A1))