Opening worksheets in seperate excel tabs

  1. #1
    sh0t2bts
    Guest

    Opening worksheets in seperate excel tabs

    at home I have each excel workbook open in a new tab on the start bar but at
    work I have to select windows and then the required workbook, can you tell
    me how I can change the settings so that each workbook open with it's own
    tab on the start bar??

    Many Thanks

    Mark

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Go to menu Tools -> Options, then select the View tab and select the 'Windows in Taskbar' checkbox and click OK.

    Hope this helps,
    theDude

  3. #3
    Wayne hof
    Guest

    RE: Opening worksheets in seperate excel tabs

    I think you may be using diferant versions of excel (or windows) at home &
    work.
    Happens to me to.

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Opening worksheets in seperate excel tabs

    Try Tools / Options / View / Check 'Windows in taskbar' option.

    Failing that if you are using XP as an OS then I think there is an option in
    Taskbar properties to group icons from the same program - Uncheck it.

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Opening worksheets in seperate excel tabs

    Mark

    Tools>Options>View checkmark "Windows in Taskbar"

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    Visalia, CA / USA
    MS-Off Ver
    In XP right click on an empty area of the taskbar, then select Properties and uncheck the box "Group similar taskbar items".
    Bill in CA