When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

  1. #1
    Cmatise
    Guest

    When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A with a 0

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    Hi Try
    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(Cell,Range,column,FALSE)),"0",VLOOKUP(Cell,Range,Column,False))

    HTH
    Michael

  3. #3
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(.....)),0,VLOOKUP(.....))

  4. #4
    Cmatise
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A

    I Still Cant get it to work.
    Let Me show you what I want to Do.

    I want to look for the date thats on sheet (weekly Draw B1)
    on sheet (Install Panels A4:A43 and when I find a date that matches return
    the $ amount that is in the same row in the 3rd column F3:F43

    Sheet (Weekly Draw)
    A B
    1 Date of Draw 12/23/2005
    2 Materials Draw
    3 Rec. Metal
    4 Total Draw

    Total Weekly Payroll
    A B F
    3 Date Qty Installed Draw
    4 1/5/05 5.93 $354.22
    5 $-
    6 $-
    7 $-
    8 $-
    9 $-

  5. #5
    Biff
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A

    Hi1

    Try this:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--('INSTALL PANELS'!A4:A43='WEEKLY DRAW'!
    B1),'INSTALL PANELS'!F4:F43)

    Biff

    B F

  6. #6
    Sir Paul
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A

    I would have used an =IF( statement first, before going into my =VLOOKUP(

    =if(b1="",0,vlookup(b1,criteria name,column ref))

    I hope I explained this to you correctly, as I used this format regularly
    and it works.

  7. #7
    Biff
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A

    Hi!

    That's fine if B1 is blank. If B1 isn't blank and isn't
    found in the lookup table, you'll still get #N/A. Of
    course, if the lookup value will always be found in the
    lookup table then that's not a problem.

    If you use the IF ISNA formula, you cover both
    possibilities.

    Biff

    B F

  8. #8
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A

    Did you try

    =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP('Weekly Draw'!B1,'Install Panels'!$A$4:$F$43
    ,6,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP('Weekly Draw'!B1,'Install Panels'!$A$4:$F$43
    ,6,FALSE))

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  9. #9
    Guest

    Re: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    This works always!

    =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A5;A:A;8;FALSE));0;VLOOKUP
    (A5;A:A;8;FALSE))

    Mr.G
    - Up North

  10. #10
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    Hi

    ISERROR is very broad and will trap all errors not just the #NA error
    i would suggest using

    > =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A5;A:A;8;FALSE));0;VLOOKUP
    > (A5;A:A;8;FALSE))

    instead

    Cheers
    JulieD

  11. #11
    Ola
    Guest

    RE: When VLOOKUP returns a #N/A How can you get it to replace #N/A wi.

    Hi,

    Try this: =LOOKUPV(C1,A1:B100,2,0,0)

    But first
    1. Press Alt+F11. Insert Module. Copy and Paste the below.

    Function LookupV(Lookup_Value, Table_Array As Range, Col_Index_Num,
    Range_value, Optional Error_Msg)
    LookupV = Application.VLookup(Lookup_Value, Table_Array, Col_Index_Num,
    Range_value)
    If IsError(LookupV) And Not IsMissing(Error_Msg) Then LookupV =
    Error_Msg
    End Function

    The LOOKUPV formula is shorter and is faster then VLOOKUP
    Make sure the VBA code is 4 rows!

    Regards,
    Ola