refresh pivot tables through a macro

  1. #1
    dolph
    Guest

    refresh pivot tables through a macro

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to create a macro to update pivot tables with a macro. but
    when I create it and then try to run it, I receive the message: It'
    impossible to find the propriety Pivot tables for the class Worksheet.
    the Macro is:
    "Sheets("Inserimento Dati").select
    Range("H24").Select
    ActiveSheet.PivotTables("tabella_pivot1").RefreshTable"

    The system is Excel 2003 in XP. I did a similar macro in WIN 98 and it
    worked, but it used a PivotTables wizard that does not work any more
    in XP.

    Thanks a lot in advance, hope I've been clear enough.

  2. #2

    Re: refresh pivot tables through a macro

    Where do you have your code?

    maybe:
    Sheets("Inserimento Dati").PivotTables("tabella_pivot1").RefreshTable

    or if you think the name of the PT changed:

    Dim PT As PivotTable
    For Each PT In Worksheets("Inserimento Dati")
    PT.RefreshTable
    Next PT