Paste functions into a new XLS

  1. #1
    Rush
    Guest

    Paste functions into a new XLS

    I have two files, template.xls and working.xls.

    I've just added a new worksheet to template.xls and I want to copy/paste
    this worksheet into working.xl.

    When I do, the layout gets copied, but none of the underlying functions that
    I set up.

    Surely, there has to be a way to copy a worksheet, including its underlying
    functions, into a new XLS file.

    Working.xls has a month's worth of data entered so I REALLY do not want to
    create a new working.xls based on the modified template.xls.

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Paste functions into a new XLS

    Rush

    Have template.xls open.

    Have working.xls open if already created. If not, see below.

    With template.xls active right-click on the sheet and "move or copy". Check
    "create a copy" then select working.xls from the list of "to book".

    Choose where to place it in order and OK your way out.

    If working.xls has not been yet created, just have template.xls open then in
    the "to book" select "new book" and one will be created.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP