Average If

  1. #1
    Howard
    Guest

    Average If

    I need a formula that works for =AVERAGEIF(A4:A50,0,B4:B50) I want to be able
    to average one row of cells if the corsponding row shows a certen value.
    If A4:A50 has a 0 in it add the corsponding cells in B4:B50 it to the cell
    that the formula is in and average it by the number of cells that had numbers
    were taken out of.

  2. #2

    Re : Average If

    Could you please rephrase the problem! This as is, is not particularly clear.

    It might be good if you could please show what you want with references to some of the cells that you have the data in and the cells that you want the cells to show the average of?

    Best regards

    Deepak Agarwal

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Average If

    =AVERAGE(IF(A4:A50=0,B4:B50))

    Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter.

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  4. #4
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Average If

    Hi

    =SUMIF(...)/COUNTIF(...)

    --
    When sending mail, use address arvil<at>tarkon.ee
    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...