pivot table row vs column headings

  1. #1
    mrs.champ
    Guest

    pivot table row vs column headings

    I would like my pivot table to use the fields down the first column. Pivot
    Tables default to usung the headings across the columns, but my headings are
    down the first column. How can I change the pivot report to recognize the
    rows as my headers and not the columns? I have Excel 97.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: pivot table row vs column headings

    You can't change the default -- pivot tables look for headings in the
    first row.

    You could transpose your data, and create a pivot table from that. To
    transpose the data, you can copy it, and Paste Special, or use the
    Transpose function. There are instructions for both methods in Excel's
    Help.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List