Edit/Find/Options/Look In/Values

  1. #1
    Hi Ho Silver
    Guest

    Edit/Find/Options/Look In/Values

    When I use the Edit Menu's Find option I always have to change Look in :
    Formulas to Look in :
    Values. How can I change these defaults ? I am almost always looking for a
    particular value as opposed to a formula. Thanks.
    --
    John Hanley
    <><><><><><><><>

  2. #2

    Re: Edit/Find/Options/Look In/Values

    Saved from a previous post:

    Excel tries to help by remembering the last settings you used--except for the
    first search in that session.

    You can use that to your advantage.

    You could make a dummy workbook and put it in your xlStart folder. Have a
    macro in that workbook that does a find (and sets all the stuff the way you
    like). Then closes and gets out of the way.

    Option Explicit
    Sub auto_open()

    Worksheets("sheet1").Cells.Find What:="", After:=ActiveCell, _
    LookIn:=xlValues, _
    LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, _
    SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False

    ThisWorkbook.Close savechanges:=False

    End Sub

    The workbook opens, does a find (to fix your settings) and then closes to get
    out of the way.