List incrementally?

  1. #1
    Mark Jackson
    Guest

    List incrementally?

    Hello,

    Is it possible to insert the Company Name, Unit Cost, and Extended Price
    into a different spreadsheet incrementally based on one criteria "Won" or
    "Lost"? I have a spread sheet that has 200 rows that keeps track of what we
    have won and the companies we have lost to. I want to list all the companies
    that we lost to but listed on another sheet by rows. Any help is appreciated.

    Mark

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: List incrementally?

    Mark,

    Get out of the mind-set that you need separate worksheets. Simply insert
    another column, labeled "Won/Lost" and enter either "Won" or "Lost" into
    that column for each row. Then use Data Autofilter to show just those with
    "Won" or those with "Lost". It's a lot easier.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mark Jackson
    Guest

    Re: List incrementally?

    Bernie,

    I need a separate worksheet because that is the sheet I print out for my
    report each month. All the information is in worksheet A which contains the
    won / lost data. I would like to be able to print out the report without
    manually inputting the company name, price which will change each month. (Ex:
    Anytime the is a "Lost" in column J then the company name and price is
    automatically placed in row 3 on worksheet B, if there is another "Lost" in
    column J then it would be automatically placed on row 4 in worksheet B.) I
    know I am not explaining it the right way. Thanks for your help.

    Mark

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: List incrementally?

    Mark,

    If you simply apply the autofilter and choose to show only the "Lost" values
    in column J, then you would get _exactly_ the same result.

    If you absolutely need another worksheet, then simply apply the filter,
    select all the cells, use Edit / Go To... Special Cells "Visible Cells
    Only" then copy and paste the values onto a new sheet.