VLOOKUP from a file on another server

  1. #1
    Carole O
    Guest

    VLOOKUP from a file on another server

    I'm designing a form that I want, upon the entry of a SKU, will look up the
    SKU info on another Server and return the description. This is what I have -
    and it isn't working.

    =VLOOKUP(C16,\\Canto\Design\OM\[PCSKU.xls]'ALLPROD' !$A$2:$B$2000,2)

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP from a file on another server

    What is not working? Do you get #N/A? If so the lookup does not match.
    If you get an error message when you try to apply it, open the other
    workbook and do the vlookup, that way excel will put in the path for you when
    you close the lookup source workbook

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    Carole O
    Guest

    RE: VLOOKUP from a file on another server

    Thank you so much! I opened the other workbook, and your suggestion worked!
    I truly appreciate all the help from the MVPs!

    Carole