Separating text

  1. #1
    PDJ
    Guest

    Separating text

    Hi,

    I have a worksheet full of text such as:

    1 The High Street, Anytown, Anywhere, ZIP

    There may be three, four or five elements to the address which are all
    separated by commas. I would like to separate these into individual elements
    (so I can import them to Access). I have the functions to strip out the first
    and last component but I'm really struggling with the otheres.

    Any help gratefully accepted.

    PDJ
    --
    If nothing changes, everything stays the same

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Separating text

    One way:

    Select the column. Choose Data/Text to Column. Select the Delimited
    radio button and choose next. Check the comma checkbox. Click Finish.