SumIf function in Excel

  1. #1
    apw3b
    Guest

    SumIf function in Excel

    How do I obtain the sum of cell range that uses the font color as the 'if'
    criteria?
    I have tried the following; =SUMIF(F3:F6,"Font.ColorIndex = 3") but this
    does not work.
    Has anyone a solution?

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: SumIf function in Excel

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: SumIf function in Excel

    See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

    In article <[email protected]>,

  4. #4
    Forum Expert
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,256
    Try:
    =SUMPRODUCT(--(FontColor(F3:F6)=3);F3:F6)

    With:
    Public Function FontColor(myCell As Range) As Variant
    Application.Volatile True
    FontColor = myCell.Font.ColorIndex
    End Function

    Ola Sandstrom

    You may want to take away Volatile (' Application.Volatile True)
    and use something like this instead =FontColor(A1)+Now()*0