sum values between today and 6 months prior

  1. #1
    Qaspec
    Guest

    sum values between today and 6 months prior

    I have a colum with exact dates and another with values that correspond to
    those dates. Columns D and E respectively. Rows 7-36. What I would like to do
    in another cell is total the values entered in E for the a date range in D
    between today and 6 months prior to todays date.

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: sum values between today and 6 months prior

    Try:

    =SUMPRODUCT((D7:D36>=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-
    6,DAY(TODAY())))*(TODAY()>=D7:D36)*E7:E36)

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Qaspec
    Guest

    Re: sum values between today and 6 months prior

    When I enter the formula I get a #value error in return.

  4. #4
    Qaspec
    Guest

    Re: sum values between today and 6 months prior

    It works...thanks!
    =SUMPRODUCT((D7:D36>=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-
    6,DAY(TODAY())))*(TODAY()>=D7:D36)*E7:E36)

    I'd like to add to that formula. I want to use this formula on a monthly
    basis in different cells. I want to make it so in January it would use today
    and 6 months prior to today but when January ends it would automatically
    default to looking for Jan 31st and 6 months prior.