Count function in excel with different conditions

  1. #1
    chits
    Guest

    Count function in excel with different conditions

    I have the excel sheet with foll values:

    A B
    -----------------
    BLACK BLUE
    WHITE RED
    YELLOW GREY
    WHITE PINK
    WHITE RED
    ORANGE RED
    YELLOW RED
    BLACK GREEN

    Sum of combinations with A=WHITE + B=RED equals:

    I need to find out formula having conditions upon multiple column array..
    does anyone have an idea on this?
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Rob van Gelder
    Guest

    Re: Count function in excel with different conditions

    =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A8="WHITE") * (B1:B8="RED"))

    news:[email protected]...