Can't paste cell copied from hyperlinked file

  1. #1
    Carole O
    Guest

    Can't paste cell copied from hyperlinked file

    Excel 2003

    I have a hyperlink to another worksheet (from FORM to SKU_LIST) within the
    workbook. The user (using Excel 2000) hyperlinks to the SKU_LISTworksheet,
    finds and copies the cell, and tries to paste it into an unprotected cell in
    FORM. They get "The cell or chart your are trying to change is protected and
    therefore read-only." The cell is unprotected, the worksheet is protected.
    Other times they get - when using paste special - "Requires merged cells to
    be identically sized".

    What can I do - develop the form in 2000? It works fine for me when I test
    it in 2003.

    Please give me an idea - is this a problem with 2000 and 2003?

    TIA,

    Carole O

  2. #2
    Carole O
    Guest

    RE: Can't paste cell copied from hyperlinked file

    And the solution is - I had to unmerge the cell receiving the pasted data.