Data Validaion Challenge

  1. #1
    Steve R
    Guest

    Data Validaion Challenge

    I am building a data entry form and cannot get a validation to work.
    What i need is this,

    If either c59 or c60 contain an X, do not allow any entry in c61,
    and it c59 or c60 DO NOT contain an X then allow ONLY an X in c61

    Thanks Steve

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Data Validaion Challenge

    Try this:

    In E58, insert this formula:

    =IF(COUNTIF(C59:C60,"x"),,"no")

    Now in Validation, select "Custom", and insert:

    =AND(E58="no",C61="x")

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    Steve R
    Guest

    Re: Data Validaion Challenge

    Thanks Jason ! Your solution worked.
    I was in Atlanta last week and besides it being COLD it was great ! (CNN
    Center, Underground, World of Coca Cola)
    Thanks, Steve (Napa Valley, California)