Summary worksheet referencing multiple worksheets

  1. #1
    Jon
    Guest

    Summary worksheet referencing multiple worksheets

    Scenario: multiple worksheets (sheet1,sheet2,sheet3,etc) sheet 1 is a
    summary. Sheet2!A1 contains the number 22, Sheet3!A1 contains the number 33

    Based on the value in Sheet1!A1 I want to return a value in Sheet1!A2 based
    on the data in the remaining sheets. In Sheet1!A1 I want to enter "Sheet2"
    and then in Sheet1!A2 I want the value 22 returned from Sheet2!A1. Similarly
    if I enter in Sheet1!A1 "Sheet3" and then in Sheet1!A2 the value 33 should be
    returned which comes from Sheet3!A3.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Melbourne
    I'm assuming you made a typo error with as you have said 33 comes from both Sheet3!A1 and Sheet3!A3. Assuming it is A1 in all the other sheets that you want to reference, paste this formula in Sheet1!A2

    =INDIRECT(A1 & "!A1")

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Summary worksheet referencing multiple worksheets

    In Sheet1
    -------------
    With the sheetname input into cell A1
    (as per post)

    Try in A2: =INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A1")

    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor
    Melbourne
    Please note that Max's post is more correct as my post will not work for sheet names that are 2 words or more. oops!