Conditional formatting row if cell value in certain column is even

  1. #1
    Hyland Hunt
    Guest

    Conditional formatting row if cell value in certain column is even

    I'm fairly new to conditional formulas... I have a spreadsheet where one
    column has a list of numbers, when cell values in that column are even, I'd
    like to shade the entire row.

    I've managed to get the cell with the number shaded by just selecting the
    column with those numbers and using =MOD($A1,2)=0
    (The numbers that I'm checking for odd/even are in column A. The rest of
    the spreadsheet is text or dates).
    However, if I select the entire worksheet and enter that same formula, the
    entire worksheet gets shaded, which I don't understand.

    How do I shade the entire row when a conditional format finds a cell that
    meets what I've specified?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting row if cell value in certain column is even

    See your other post

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03